Wednesday, August 21, 2013

BS Sports

So I love sports.  Now most guys and some women out there would say the same thing as they sit on the couch watching the game, outside with there children kicking around the soccer ball, or playing in a  rec league of some sort.  But for me it goes beyond that.  From the time I was allowed to go downstairs and watch TV by myself every morning, I watched Sportscenter first thing in the morning, every morning.  And I mean EVERY morning.  I played baseball, football, and basketball as a kid and even got into soccer in college.  To this day I still play pickup games and even venture into golf, volleyball, and any other sport that comes along.  I religiously play fantasy sports and watch my favorite teams in every sport.  I care about sports more than a lot of things in life, which in itself may be pretty sad, but hey, I can live with that.  Which is why I am starting this blog.  It is something for me to talk about and give my opinion on stuff that is happening in sports.  Also it keeps my girlfriend from having to listen to me talk about stuff that she absolutely does not care about.  So here is a little info about my interest in sports:




First of all, my favorite teams make no sense.  I grew up in the middle of Pennsylvania and I am a Yankees, Packers, and Magic fan.  Yeah, like I said, it makes no sense.  But this is how it came to be.  My first Sports Illustrated for Kids magazine had Penny Hardaway on the front.  It was my very first poster in my room and from that day I liked the Orlando Magic.  Why? Because I thought Penny was a cool name along with the name Magic.  Remember I am like 7 at this point.  From there, I got a poster of Derek Jeter given to me and again I thought the Yankees had a cool name (starting to see the trend?).  Finally football season came around and the Packers vs. Lions were the very first game I saw.  Now my dad was a Lions fan so obviously I rooted for the team against them and I thought the Packers again had a cool name.  As a 7 year old, I had NO IDEA what a Yankee or a Packer was.  And like I said above, my favorite teams really do make no sense.

I am also a big fan of college basketball and football (of course).  I root for both Michigan football and basketball.  Don't ask me why I took after my dad for these teams because I have absolutely no idea.  I also graduated from George Mason University so of course I root for my Patriots in basketball (we don't even have a football team).  I was proud to go to the FIRST mid-major to make it to the final four in recent years...screw VCU.  Yeah I hate them almost as much as the Red Sox.



So hopefully anyone who reads this blog enjoys what I have to say and I look forward to rambling about my favorite thing in the world: sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment